Solution providers serving the insurance industry have built tools to help support implementation of ACORD standards. These solution providers offer ACORD members special access to their tools. Brief descriptions of these third-party tools and their functions are below.
If you're an ACORD member and currently signed in to our website, this page also contains links from which you can gain access to downloads made available by the tools' distributors.
Please note: The tools are the products of the individual solution providers and not of ACORD, although ACORD Standards may appear in the tools. ACORD's Standards License governs your use of ACORD standards, and any use you make of the tools is subject to a separate agreement between you and the tool's distributor. ACORD does not endorse, furnish, support or accept responsibility for the tools, and ACORD is not responsible for the quality of these tools.
XCS eiConsole for ACORD from PilotFish
The PilotFish XCS eiConsole for ACORD facilitates the implementation of ACORD XML standards. Features include XSLT-based drag & drop data mapping, schema maintenance, validation, and a paint-by-numbers approach to prototyping interfaces. Tutorials and message templates are included. An exclusive ACORD member benefit, each company is entitled to a one-seat license.
Available as a FREE Download exclusively to ACORD members PilotFish Technologyps XCS eiConsole for ACORD is a graphical Integrated Development Environment that helps you develop, test, deploy, manage, and maintain ACORD interfaces.
For more information please contact PilotFish support.
What ACORD specific features does the XCS eiConsole for ACORD offer?
The XCS eiConsole, which was designed to support insurance and specifically, ACORD requirements, has been even further extended to support the unique features and functions for insurance not available in any other integration tools. These features vastly increase the insurance professional's productivity. Some of the productivity enhancing capabilities include:
- An on-line tutorial in both video and text that provides step-by-step instructions for building, and testing an ACORD message.
- Pre-built templates for ACORD Life & Annuity, and P&C transactions - saving thousands of hours that would be spent reviewing implementation guides and custom defining transactions.
- The ability to submit transactions directly to ACORD's Testing and Certification Facility (TCF).
- A built-in Validation Processor that supports schema validation, Schematron /XSLT validation, and "Validators" that can check metadata and reference information, perform database lookups and support regular expressions and patterns.
- A File Specification Editor that enables transformation of Excel spreadsheets (such as DTCC) and flat file definitions (such as AL3) to and from an XML representation including their associated documentation.
- No time consuming and tedious custom programming is required.
- An intuitive graphical Data Mapper that provides a "point, click, drag, and drop" method of building complex XSLT transformations. ACORD-specific features of the Data Mapper include:
- Ability to import both the ACORD XSD and ACORD Metadata - eliminating the need to search external sources for documentation necessary for the data mapping process.
- Searchable ACORD Metadata documentation.
- "Drag and drop" mapping of typecodes (Life & Annuity), and Codelists (P&C).
- Tabular values are automatically imported from the ACORD metadata documentation.
- Point-and-click support for role-based relations.
- Easy upgrade from one release of the ACORD standard to another with just a few mouse-clicks.
- Ability to export W3C-compliant XSLT transformations.
- A Schema Manager that enables ACORD-compliant model extensions including the ability to add elements, attributes, fields, new types, and ACORD type codes and code lists. It also supports simple point-and-click schema “slicing”.
Users of the XCS eiConsole for ACORD can build prototype interfaces and test them end-to-end including connectivity to the Source and Target systems. There is also an XCS eiPlatform Emulator built into the XCS eiConsole that will let the user simulate running multiple interfaces and complex workflows in production. This is ideal for supporting an Agile/iterative development methodology.
What determines eligibility for the XCS eiConsole for ACORD?
The XCS eiConsole license is only available to ACORD members and is subject to the approval of both PilotFish and ACORD. One FREE "Concurrent Use" license is available per member company. With a Concurrent Use license, companies can download and install as many copies of the XCS eiConsole as they like, but will be limited to operating one at a time. Additional Concurrent Use licenses may be purchased from PilotFish.
To learn more about and download the XCS eiConsole, click here