I wanted to update you on ACORD’s activities and business continuity measures related to the ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Like other organizations in our industry, we have three key priorities during this time:
- Ensuring the health and well-being of our colleagues
- Supporting public officials and our communities to minimize the impact of the virus
- Continuing to serve our stakeholders as effectively as possible
We, like most of you, are still adapting to the situation. However, we anticipate no major disruptions in our ability to serve our members and the ACORD community.
Because we engage with our members through multiple digital channels, we are confident that our standards development process, member services, and solutions support will remain relatively unaffected. Some of the particular measures we have taken, and their anticipated effects are:
- All ACORD and ACORD Solutions Group employees have been directed to work remotely until further notice. This should not have a major impact on our operations, although some minor disruptions are inevitable. We will identify and take steps to mitigate these as they occur.
- Most staff travel and in-person meetings have been postponed or transitioned to digital channels. If you have any questions or preferences about any particular meeting, please get in touch with your designated ACORD contact or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 2020 ACORD InsurTech Innovation Challenge events are currently scheduled for mid-June in New York and London. We will evaluate the situation in the coming weeks. We will hold the competitions in some form this year, and we encourage you to continue submitting your entries at www.acordchallenge.org.
- ACORD Member Services will remain available as normal, Mon-Fri 8:30a-4:30p at 845-620-1700 and email@example.com. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
As always, please let us know if there is any other way we can help. ACORD is here to serve you.
President & CEO, ACORD