Individuals Recognized for Driving Change in Global Insurance Industry
Pearl River, N.Y., December 17, 2019 –ACORD, the global standards-setting body for the insurance industry, today announced its annual Top Ten InsurTech Leaders list. ACORD selects individuals based on their vision, execution, and impact in shaping the future of insurance through innovation.
“ACORD’s Top Ten InsurTech Leaders list features visionaries operating throughout the insurance value chain, from large, established incumbents to small startups. For real change to happen, we need long-time industry leaders and new players with fresh perspectives to work together,” said ACORD President and CEO Bill Pieroni. “We are pleased to highlight some of the brightest talents driving tangible outcomes and meaningful results for the industry at large.”
ACORD’s Top Ten InsurTech Leaders for 2019, presented in alphabetical order, are:
- Matt Aaron & Kiki Johnson (Co-Founders, Insurance Agent App)
- Stephen Barnham (CIO, MetLife Asia)
- Bill Churney (President, AIR)
- Kirstin Duffield (CEO & Managing Director, Morning Data)
- Taylor Rhodes (CEO, Applied)
- Haug Scharnowski (Head of Finance Operations, Zurich NA)
- Lars Thomas (Managing Director, Aon)
- Sabine VanderLinden (Managing Director, Startupbootcamp)
- Henri Winand (CEO and Co-Founder, AkinovA)
- Amy Zupon (CEO, Vertafore)
In addition to highlighting InsurTech Leaders, ACORD holds the annual ACORD InsurTech Innovation Challenge to provide opportunities and awards to InsurTech startups. The AIIC has attracted hundreds of ideas for consideration, and rewarded the most innovative ideas with thousands of dollars’ worth of prizes and promotion. Past AIIC winners have often been featured on the Top Ten InsurTech Leaders list, including the co-founders of Insurance Agent App this year.
For information about each of these industry leaders and details about why they were selected to ACORD’s 2019 list, please visit acord.org/InsurTechLeaders.