Winners of New York, London and Chicago Semi-Finals Advance to AIIC International Finals in New Orleans in October
Pearl River, N.Y., July 26, 2018 – ACORD, the global standards-setting body for the insurance industry, today announced the six finalists who will advance to the final stage of the 2018 ACORD InsurTech Innovation Challenge (AIIC). The six winning finalists, who were selected at regional semi-final events in New York, London and Chicago, will face off at the AIIC International Finals, which will take place in October at ACORD Connect 2018 in New Orleans.
The AIIC brings together insurance innovators across all lines of business, investors and venture capital partners, technology startups, and industry mentors and experts. Contestants in two categories (Early-Stage and Late-Stage Startups) competed for spots in the regional Semi-Finals, where their live pitches to the panel of judges were evaluated based on ingenuity, impact, applicability, and quality of articulation. The selected finalists from each of the Semi-Finals are:
- Early Stage: Chisel AI, an artificial intelligence platform focused on optimizing the process of extracting information from submissions.
- Late Stage: APEXA, a digital platform that automates the screening and ongoing monitoring of life insurance advisors.
- Early Stage: Digital Fineprint, using predictive analytics to turn social data into insurance data.
- Late Stage: KOVRR, a predictive cyber risk modeling platform which empowers and enables P&C insurers to manage hyper dynamic cyber risk.
- Early Stage: Pablow Inc., which provides a single app, Bonzah, for car share/rental customers to purchase policies.
- Late Stage: RozieAi empowers insurance organizations with real-time and historical insights on customers’ demands and sentiments.
“InsurTech has transformed the insurance industry, bringing with it a whole host of innovative start-ups who are implementing technology to provide a faster experience, better delivery and better customer service to insurance carriers, brokers and customers alike. This year’s AIIC competitors represent some of the best examples of this evolution, with an impressive array of innovative business models built on deep industry understanding and creative thinking,” said Bijesh Jacob, SVP of Technology, ACORD Solutions Group. “Their vision, and their growth, will in turn benefit the entire industry.”
All six finalist companies will present their innovations at the global finals in New Orleans in October, competing for increased recognition and total prizes worth approximately $150,000.
Visit www.acordchallenge.org to find out more about the ACORD InsurTech Innovation Challenge.
ACORD (Association for Cooperative Operations Research and Development) is the global standards-setting body for the insurance and related financial services industries. ACORD facilitates fast, accurate data exchange, and efficient workflows through the development of electronic standards, standardized forms, and tools to support their use. ACORD members worldwide include hundreds of insurance and reinsurance companies, agents and brokers, software providers, financial services organizations and industry associations. ACORD maintains offices in New York and London. Learn more at www.acord.org.