ACORD Employee Benefits Member Enrollment Standard
ACORD recognizes the need for data standards in Employee Benefits. We listened to what the challenges are, what works well and what does not, and led numerous discussions on potential solutions. The result of this collaborative effort brought us to the formal publication of the Member Enrollment Standard on March 16, 2018.
In addition to enabling the efficient and effective flow of data, this Standard includes, but is not limited to, support for:
• Group and Individual member enrollment
• Both Single and Multiple Sponsors
• Easy identification of related benefits and where dependent coverage is to be added.
• Flexibility to support simple to complex plan designs
• Ability to specify which age is the basis for the information (Issue age or Attained age)
• The ability to provide status at the benefit level since members can have multiple benefits in different states (accepted, canceled, refused).
Download the Standard here. If you are interested in participating in the further development of Employee Benefits Standards, please visit and watch the Employee Benefits space on our confluence page.
If you are not an ACORD Member and are interested in learning more or have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Standards Year in Review
During this first quarter of 2018, GRLC, P&C, and L&A hosted their 2017 Year in Review Webinars. These webinars allow ACEs to receive up to four continuing education credits and are available to download for members who were unable to attend.
New Standards Releases
Delegated Authority Reporting had a Candidate release at the end of January. This release included additional classes of business including Bloodstock and Fine Art, Specie and Exhibitions as well as updates to existing classes of business such as Casualty and Property. This Candidate release will be reviewed at an upcoming Plenary in anticipation of an April Final Release.
L&A distributed their DTCC EDI Candidate Release and all of the changes requested for the Spring 2018 DTCC EDI Standards were unanimously approved by the Life & Annuity membership.