Why you should book in the room block for the
ACORD Implementation Forum:
There are many important reasons to book in the room block at the official AIF host hotel as opposed to booking elsewhere on your own. Here are some key points that you may not be aware of:
Savings and Value
• We are able to negotiate a volume discount. Our room block rate is better than any online travel agent can offer you for a comparable full-service hotel.
• Our room block includes exclusive value-added benefits, such as complimentary use of the fitness center.
• Online travel agencies have inflexible terms. Booking in the block at www.acord.org/aif does not require you to prepay in full, and gives you flexibility to modify your reservation at any time until just before the event.
Convenience and Connections
• Staying at the host hotel gives you the convenience of taking the elevator to your room after a long day. It also means easily forgotten items such as your phone charger and extra business cards are close at hand if you should need to retrieve them during the event. Staying elsewhere means walking several blocks or paying for a cab (assuming you can find one).
• An intangible but very important benefit at AIF is the after-hours networking in the hotel lounges, restaurants, and lobby. Attendees who book in the block get more networking time and a shorter, safer trip to bed.
Support for ACORD and the Implementation Forum
• When too many attendees book outside the allocated room block, ACORD must reduce the size of the block. As the block gets smaller, the hotel increases charges for the meeting space and food and beverage. The extra costs get passed to attendees via higher registration fees.
Booking your room at the host hotel helps keep AIF registration free for ACORD members and reasonable for non-members, and gives you access to the additional benefits we can negotiate for you.